Lander’s Mayor Monte Richardson called for an “Emergency Work Session” today, March 13th for a “COVID-19 Virus Action Plan Update.” Following the meeting this afternoon, the below announcement has been made by the City of Lander.
In response to President Trump’s Declaration of National Emergency and Governor Gordon’s declared State of Emergency, Lander City Council has implemented the following procedures:
City services will be completed as usual under the current conditions.
● City will adopt the CDC recommendation that there should be no public gatherings over 250.
● City Hall will be open to the public. Please consider paying remotely by calling 307-332-2870. Choose option 1 to pay utility bills.
● All Parks and Recreation programs are suspended through the end of the March or until Council makes a new recommendation.
● No City staff will be allowed to take non-essential travel.
● City boards and commissions will meet remotely or suspend their meetings. Boards will be able to cast votes remotely to conduct business where needed.
● City Employees who are already health compromised will be allowed to get with their supervisor to see if they can work remotely.
When there is one confirmed COVID 19 case in Fremont County or 3 confirmed cases statewide, we will move to Level 2 operations as follows:
● All Lander Community and Convention Center functions will be cancelled. Refunds will be available.
● City will close our buildings to the public. We will, however conduct business by appointment as necessary. Please call 307-332-2870 to make arrangements.
● All non-essential employees may request to work remotely.
● City Council meetings will remain open to the public to meet public open meeting laws.
We encourage people to watch the live stream by clicking here. Public comments and concerns can be taken through the live stream attributes on this site.
● More than 1 countywide and 3 statewide confirmed COVID-19 cases.
● City Council will meet again to discuss further protective measures.
If you have questions for the School District call 307-332-4711.
If you have health concerns please call Public Health at 307-332-1073 or your clinician.
Thank you for your understanding. Mayor Monte Richardson. March 13, 2020