#HeadsUp: Riverton firefighters remind residents about carbon monoxide dangers
At 6:39 a.m. Wednesday morning, Riverton firefighters along with EMS and law enforcement were dispatched to a house with possible carbon monoxide poisoning .
Five people were inside the household and two received medical treatment for the issue.
The Riverton Fire Department reminded residents about the dangers of carbon monoxide on their Facebook page Wednesday.
Early this morning we were called out to a suspected carbon monoxide (CO) problem. Upon arrival there were 5 occupants still in the home. Two of the occupants, one juvenile and one elderly, required medical treatment. The other three occupants were evaluated and released at the scene. A malfunctioning heater was the suspected source of carbon monoxide.
We encourage anyone with natural gas or propane to have carbon monoxide alarms installed in their homes. Test these alarms monthly when you test your smoke alarms, change the batteries when needed, and replace every 7-10 years.
Please see the links below for more information on carbon monoxide.
This County 10 Series is brought to you by:
Advertisement[adrotate group="12"] [adrotate group="12"]