#HeadsUp: Riverton firefighters remind residents about carbon monoxide dangers

by | Jan 17, 2020 10:45AM

This #headsup is brought to you by Bailey’s Tire and Auto Service.

At 6:39 a.m. Wednesday morning, Riverton firefighters along with EMS and law enforcement were dispatched to a house with possible carbon monoxide poisoning .

Five people were inside the household and two received medical treatment for the issue.

The Riverton Fire Department reminded residents about the dangers of carbon monoxide on their Facebook page Wednesday.

Early this morning we were called out to a suspected carbon monoxide (CO) problem. Upon arrival there were 5 occupants still in the home. Two of the occupants, one juvenile and one elderly, required medical treatment. The other three occupants were evaluated and released at the scene. A malfunctioning heater was the suspected source of carbon monoxide.

We encourage anyone with natural gas or propane to have carbon monoxide alarms installed in their homes. Test these alarms monthly when you test your smoke alarms, change the batteries when needed, and replace every 7-10 years.

Please see the links below for more information on carbon monoxide.

https://www.cdc.gov/co/default.htm

https://www.nfpa.org/…/Sta…/Safety-equipment/Carbon-monoxide

This County 10 Series is brought to you by:

 

Advertisement

[adrotate group="13"]

Advertisement

[adrotate group="12"]

[adrotate group="12"]

Have a news tip or an awesome photo to share? 

Advertisement

Fremont County Events

Advertisement

Advertisement

Places in Fremont County
    • image-962

    Gaudern Construction

    • image-506

    Mick Pryor, Edward Jones Financial Advisor

    • image-517

    Your Local McDonald’s

Have a news tip or an awesome photo to share?