Recovery Health Technician
Center of Hope · RIVERTON, Wyoming
Each day at Volunteers of America, we strive to exemplify our foundational pillar of Servant Leadership and Cultural Values of Communication, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.
This is a temporary position with the potential of becoming permanent.
The Recovery Health Technician monitors and assists patients in a residential facility who are receiving treatment for substance use and co-occurring disorders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure patients complete all paperwork and all intake/discharge processes
- Ensure patient compliance with program guidelines and log patients’ daily actions and behaviors
- Continuously monitor patients for mental and physical well-being, including signs of illness or injury, substance use or conflict with other patients and report observations
- Working in concert with the patient’s counselor, aid patients of the 12-steps program, productive use of time, coping with emotional and program concerns
- Chart patient medication usage
- Conduct inspection rounds of the facility to observe patient behavior and ensure the facility is clean and hazard free
- Transport patients to appointments and meetings in the community
- Perform patient drug testing
- Effective communicator; assertive when necessary
- Cool under pressure and able to manage crisis
- Confidential with patient information
- Empathetic and able to relate to patients with addiction
- Organized with time management skills to meet tight deadlines
- Continuous demonstration of behaviors aligned with a posture of servant leadership and our cultural values
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a residential treatment facility environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to bend or stoop as necessary. This position must be mobile throughout the facility, as well as work on a computer for periods.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time or part-time status dependent on the position hired for in a 24/7 facility. Days and hours of work vary according to the assigned shift.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Required Education, Experience or Eligibility Qualifications
- High School education or equivalent
- Proficient with a variety of computer software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Suite and desktop publishing
Preferred Education and Experience
Previous Human Services training and experience
To apply, click here.
VOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA).
Check out other jobs for displaced workers due to COVID-19 from Wind River Visitors Council.
Add Your Own Listings! Sign up is FREE! Click Here To Get Started!
: 8:00 am - 5:00 pmMon8:00 am - 5:00 pmTue8:00 am - 5:00 pmWed8:00 am - 5:00 pmThu8:00 am - 5:00 pmFri8:00 am - 5:00 pmSatClosedSunClosedFamily-owned and operated since 1967, Chopping Motors Lease, Inc is your source for semi-truck and trailer financing options. Since our beginning, we have worked to provide our customers with personalized services and affordable lease-to-purchase programs. We have customers all over
: 9:00 am - 5:00 pmMon9:00 am - 5:00 pmTue9:00 am - 5:00 pmWed9:00 am - 5:00 pmThu9:00 am - 5:00 pmFri9:00 am - 5:00 pmSatClosedSunClosedWe are a boutique real estate brokerage that values service, knowledge, and professional engagement. We love living here in Lander, and want to make sure you find the perfect home so that you can love it too. Whether you’re looking
Serving you since 1997! Automotive Parts and Body Shop. We are committed to great prices and excellent service! Contact us today if you don’t see the brand you want on the site. We have a huge offline selection.