Put a freeze on winter holiday fires – protect your family with these helpful tips
The holiday season brings lots of beauty with lights and Christmas trees in every window. It can also bring disaster if precautions aren’t taken. Let’s keep the fire in the fireplace and have a safe and Merry Christmas.
Here are a few tips for fire safety: (www.usfa.fema.gov/prevention/outreach/holiday.html)
1. Only use decorations that are flame-retardant or not flammable.
2. Check holiday lights each year for frayed wires or excessive wear.
3. Don’t link more than three strands of holiday lights.
5. Water your live Christmas tree daily to keep it from becoming dry.
6. Turn off all lights and decorations before leaving the house or going to bed.
7. You can never have enough smoke detectors.
9. Don’t use flimsy extension cords. Only the best for your lights!
Stay safe this holiday season!
Your “Hometown Agent” is next door to meet your insurance and financial needs.
Call (307) 332-2530 or stop by today to see how we can help you!
Advertisement[adrotate group="12"] [adrotate group="12"]