Riverton City Council recap report from November 5th meeting
- Riverton FFA Group to hang new FFA flags on Main Street February 19th-27th during National FFA Week.
- Open Container Permit Application: Riverton Holiday Festival, Holiday Festival Opening Ceremonies, Main Street up to East Fremont St and East Washington St from 2nd Street West to Federal Blvd, December 6, 2019, 5 pm – 10 pm
- New Restaurant Liquor License: More Burgers Riverton, LLC doing business as More Burgers and Shakes.
- Fireworks Permit Application: The Riverton Holiday Festival.
- Consideration of Black Hills Energy Easement on Airport Property – full document available here: Black Hills Wyoming Gas, LLC – 20-ft Easement for Gas Lines and Appurtenances
- Riverton Valley Irrigation District Agreement – full document available here: RVID Agreement – Storm Water Detention Facility
- Riverton Medical District (RMD) Joint Powers Discussion – full document available here: Riverton Medical District Joint Powers : Industrial Development Bonds. It was approved last night for Riverton City Staff to investigate the ‘Industrial Development Bonds’ through the city. Not only for the hospital but for other aspects of city development.
- Public Hearing & Consideration of Resolution Nos. 1400, 1401 – Utility User Fee Adjustments – Full details can be found here: Resolution Nos. 1400, 1401 – Utility User Fee Adjustments
Content continues below[adrotate group="12"]
- Eastern Shoshone Business Park Storm Water Detention Ponds – McCarty Excavation in the amount of $1,348,442.48. Full document can be found here: Bid Award Details
APPROVED W/ AMENDMENTS:
- Ordinance No. 19-011, 3rd & Final Reading: Prohibiting Engine Brakes in City Limits.
PROPOSED ORDINANCE NO. 19-011: AN ORDINANCE AMENDING TITLE 12 “STREETS, SIDEWALKS AND PUBLIC PLACES”, TO REVISE CHAPTER 12.12 “STREET AND SIDEWALK USE REGULATIONS”, TO ESTABLISH SECTION 12.12.080 “ENGINE COMPRESSION BRAKES, PROHIBITED”; OF THE RIVERTON MUNICIPAL CODE AND REPEALING ALL ORDINANCES OR PARTS OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT THEREWITH, AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF RIVERTON, FREMONT COUNTY, WYOMING:
12.12.080 “Engine compression brakes, prohibited” is hereby established to read as follows:
12.12.080 Engine compression brakes, prohibited.
It is unlawful for any person to use engine compression brakes while operating any truck or other vehicle within the City of Riverton, Wyoming. Any person who violates this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and punishable by a fine of up to seven hundred fifty dollars ($750.00).
Section 2. All ordinances or parts of ordinances in conflict herewith are hereby repealed to the extent of such conflict.
Section 3. This ordinance shall take effect from its adoption and publication as required by law and the ordinances of the City of Riverton.
The amendment clarified “engine brakes” to “unmuffled engine brakes” which would exempt emergency vehicles.
- Recycling Program – full document available here: Riverton Recycling Program
The discussion is whether or not to continue curbside pick-up. After reviewing the information in the PDF above motion was made to allow for a public hearing on the matter. This will happen in December.
- Public Hearing & Consideration of Resolution Nos. 1402: Adjusting Water, Wastewater, and Sanitation Utility Rates. – full document available here: Resolution No. 1402 – Utility User Fee Adjustments
This resolution will be included with the above Recycling Program discussion in December. The full ‘Utility Rate Study’ can be found on the City of Riverton website.