St. Stephens School Update 3/16/2020:
Superintendent No Runner recommended the following items, and they were approved today, March 16, 2020, Special Board meeting at 3 pm with the Board of Directors:
- School Closure for March 16, 2020 to April 3, 2020 – 3-week closure as recommended by Governor Gordon
- Administrative Leave for all employees – Certified, Hourly, Long-term Substitutes – those employees that work will be given additional comp time
- Breakfast and lunch will be delivered starting at 10 am on bus routes
- See the below about homework, accreditation hours
- Suspend all out-of-state travel for students, staff, and activities until further notice
- Suspend all in-state travel for students, staff, and activities until further notice
- Cancel all school-sponsored indoor events that are open to the public, such as awards assemblies, P/T Conferences, Family Nights, Literacy/Math nights, JOM meetings, etc.
- Suspend all WHSAA sanctioned spring extra-curricular activities (TRACK) until further notice or upon approval to resume by the WHSAA
- Suspend all outside volunteer presence
- Postpone all in-district PIR and professional development activities
- Extensive cleaning processes and protocols are being implemented
- Next Board Meeting is April 6, 2020, at 6 pm
Grades will be mailed home (HS mid-terms)(K-8 3rd quarter) within the next two weeks.
Facebook will have updates on educational programs/activities to do with kids while they are at home.
Saint Stephens will be delivering food to students starting tomorrow. We will be delivering food to students starting at 10 am and will deliver both breakfast and lunch to all students on the bus routes at one time. If your child does not ride the bus immediately contact either Shelli Littleshield or Jasmine McGill to make arrangements for drop off.
8:10 – 3:45 (minus 30 min. lunch)
7 hours and 5 minutes = 425 minutes
113 days to date * 425 minutes = 800 hours
8:10 – 3:50 (minus 30 min. lunch)
7 hours and 10 minutes = 430 minutes
113 days to date * 430 minutes = 810 hours
8:00 – 3:55 (minus 30 min. lunch)
7 hours and 25 minutes = 445 minutes
115 days to date * 445 minutes = 853 hours
K-5 = 900 hours (15 days)
6-8 = 1050 hours (34 days)
9-12 = 1100 hours (34 days)
K = 720 hours (done)
1-3 = 810 hours (2 days)
4-8 = 900 hours (15 days)
9-12 = 970 hours (16 days)
Normal Schedule – 30 days (ending May 28th) – This option will be taken pending WDE approval. With Fridays – 36 days (ending May 28th)
- There is no need to send work home to students at this time (during the school closure) because we are able to make up the ‘required’ hours with our normal schedule or by attending school on Fridays.
- All planned school activities (family nights, school assessments, awards nights, 8th-grade moving-up ceremony, graduation, etc.) FOLLOWING THE SCHOOL CLOSURE will take place as scheduled.
- If we are closed longer than April 3rd, we will re-evaluate the situation at that time.