Three Fremont County wrestlers won individual championships Saturday at the state wrestling tournament in Casper.
Riverton’s Ridge Briggs was crowned champion in the 145 lb class in 3A after beating Hagen Lamoreaxu in the final vai fall at 2:24. That is Ridge’s third championship.
Lander’s Jack Sweeney was champion at 170 in class 3A. He beat Bo Dearcom from from Powell in the championship round via fall at 3:22.
Shoshoni’s Tryston Truempler was champion at 152 in class 2A. Tyrston beat Kyle Breen of Tongue River via a 10-5 decision in the championship match.
3A top 6 placers from Fremont County
- 6th Place – Gabriel Harris of Lander – at 132
- Tray Hyatt of Riverton 3rd at 152
- Kaden Gatenbein of Riverton 3rd at 195
2A top 6 placers from Fremont County:
- 2nd Place – KC Gibson of Wind River at 106 – Lost to Colton Coffman of Lusk in championship
- 5th Place – Nicky Knigge of Shoshoni at 113
- 3rd Place – James Knigge of Shoshoni at 132
- 5th Place – Pehton Truempler of Shoshoni at 138
- 4th Place – Kadon DeWitt of Shoshoni at 145
- 5th Place – Duke Gibble of Shoshoni at 160
- 6th Place – Colter Collver of Wind River at 170
- 2nd Place – Colton Befus of Wind River at 195. Lost in championship to Tate Carson of Southeast by 8-4 decision.
- 3rd Place – Tucker Jensen of Wind River at 220
- 5th Place – Jonathan Hilder of Shoshoni at 220
- 5th Place – Cole Barrett of Wind River at 285
|2A Team Scores|
|3A Team Scores|
|4A Team Scores|
If we missed anybody or if you have more details for us, feel free to shoot an e-mail to: [email protected]!