The Wyoming Department of Health has updated their confirmed Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases to 18 as of Thursday morning. COVID-19 has been confirmed in Fremont County, Sheridan County, Laramie County, Park County, and Teton County.
Some of the specific details on the three newest cases have not yet been released by WDH.
Wyoming Department of Health release:
The Wyoming Department of Health is closely monitoring the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak.
The symptoms reported with this disease are familiar to all of us: fever, cough and shortness of breath. However, this is a continually changing situation.
While most people will likely not experience serious illness related to COVID-19, our highest level of concern involves older residents and people with certain health conditions that put them at higher risk of developing a serious or life-threatening illness.
Wyoming residents should follow our department’s recommendations meant to help them avoid becoming ill and to help them avoid spreading COVID-19 to those who are most vulnerable.
We should all work together to help keep our friends and neighbors safe.
- Stay home when sick and avoid contact with other people unless you need medical attention.
- Follow advice from CDC on what to do if you think you may be sick.
- Follow common-sense steps such as washing your hands often and well; covering your coughs and sneezes; and cleaning and disinfecting.
- Nursing homes and other healthcare facilities should closely follow guidelines for infection control and prevention.
- As much as possible, assisted living facilities should follow the same infection control and prevention practices as nursing homes.
- Older people and those with health conditions that mean they have a higher chance of getting seriously ill should avoid crowds or close-contact situations.
- Follow current social distancing guidelines.
Tests completed at Wyoming Public Health Laboratory: 181
Tests completed at CDC lab: 1
Test results reported by commercial labs: 11
Confirmed cases: 18
(updated 3/18/20 p.m.)
Counties with confirmed cases: Sheridan, Fremont, Laramie, Park, Teton
Helpful Links and Notices
Learn more about coronavirus disease 2019 from the Centers from Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
(CDC information includes prevention strategies, case counts, frequently asked questions and answers, travel guidance.)
Selected CDC Guidance Information
If you are sick, please contact your healthcare provider. Wyoming residents with general questions about COVID-19 may send an email to [email protected].